Canon EOS-1D X Mark II at a glance:
- 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors
- 14 fps Shooting, 16 fps in Live View
- DCI 4K Video at 60 fps, 8.8MP Still Grab
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF II
- 3.2 inch (1.62m) Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF
- ISO 100-51200 (Expanded to 409600)
- Built-In GPS
- CFast & CF Card Slots
LensRentals had their hands on the new Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, Canon’s latest full-frame flagship and likely the new gold standard for this category of professional cameras.
Overall, the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II is without a question, the best Canon camera I’ve ever used. The images looked great, the speed of the camera is unbelievable, and the build is unparalleled. Canon took what everyone loved about the Canon EOS-1D X classic, and improved it on every single level, and managed to do it and keep it cheaper than the Nikon competitor (which in my opinion, is not as good). If you’re a sports photographer, this is your Ferrari. Read the review…
And like a Ferrari, there is a pice tag that sure isn’t for anyone of us, $6,000. However, you get what you pay for: advanced tech and a truly professional DSLR.
If you want to know how 14fps sound and look, then start the video below.