Yet another Canon patent for an EF-M lens (EOS M system). This time we have an optical formula for an EF-M 9-17mm f/3.5-5 lens. According to the patent literature, f/5 at the wide end was achieved by using high quality glass. The first “L”-grade lens for the EOS M?
It definitely looks like Canon is investing pretty much in the EOS M system, at least if you count all the filed patents. We expect at least one new EOS M model this year, maybe two with one being a full-frame mirrorless camera.
- Patent Publication No. 2016-85259
- Published 2016.5.19
- Filing date 2014.10.23
- Zoom ratio 1.79
- Focal length 9.27 13.32 16.58
- F-number 3.60 4.38 5.11
- Angle of view 51.83 45.17 38.94
- Image height 11.79 13.40 13.40
- Overall length of the lens 85.22 79.65 81.94
- BF 14.99 16.82 15.41