Here is a Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM review by one of our favorite gear…
DPReview TV’s Chris and Jordan review the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro lens. This a very interesting lens, with lots of positive reviews.
At a glance:
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- 1.4x Magnification with Autofocus
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 10.2″
- Super Spectra Coating
- Smooth and Quiet Auto Focus
- Optical Image Stabilization; Hybrid IS
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes
- 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Weather-Sealed Construction
Chris and Jordan say:
Over a year after it was announced, Chris and Jordan had the chance to play with the Canon RF 100mm F2.8 L IS Macro! Alongside the expected improvements in autofocus speed and optical performance, this lens feature Spherical Aberration Correction, which allows you to change the look of out-of-focus areas. Is this new lens worth the premium price?
More coverage of this outstanding lens is listed here.
Engineered specifically for full-frame EOS R-series cameras, the RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens from Canon combines a medium-telephoto field of view with a sleek design and close-focusing performance. Designed for close-up imagery, this autofocus lens is an ideal choice for portraits and macro subjects. Featuring a fixed 100mm focal length, a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture, fast, highly-precise autofocus, and a spherical aberration control ring, this lens elevates the look of portraits and macro shots and gives you the ability to create dreamlike and romantic images with a soft focus look. Its close focus design enables working with subject matter as close as 10.2″ away, and a Super Spectra coating minimizes ghosting and flare when working in strong lighting conditions. The lens also features optical image stabilization, along with Hybrid IS, to suppress up to five stops of camera shake for cleaner, steadier shooting, and imagemakers can expect to see stunning results that enhance their creative and artistic vision.
- Medium telephoto macro lens with a maximum magnification of 1.4x
- High image quality and bright f/2.8 aperture
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5 stops of shake correction
- Up to 8 stops of shake correction with coordinated Optical Image Stabilizer and In-Body Image Stabilizer
- Hybrid IS system compensates for angular and shift camera shake during macro shooting
- Super Spectra coating to minimize ghosting and flare when working in strong lighting conditions
- Spherical Aberration Control Ring allows for adjustments to shape and character of foreground and background bokeh
- High speed, smooth, and quiet auto focus with Dual Nano USM
- Control ring for direct setting changes
- Sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions
- Optional rotating tripod collar is available and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod