Here is another exhaustive Canon EOS R5 review. A camera that's "a joy in real…
Canon XC10 at a glance:
- 4K Wide-Angle 10x Zoom Lens with Image Stabilizer
- 12 Megapixel One-Inch 4K-Compatible CMOS Image Sensor
- DiG!C DV 5 Image Processor
- XF-AVC Codec for 4K 30p and Full HD 60p
- Multiple Recording Modes and Frame Rates
- CFast 4K Recording Technology
- Canon Log and Wide Dynamic Range Gamma
- Image Settings Compatible with Cinema EOS Cameras
- Compact and Ergonomic Design
Jared Polin (better known as FroKnowsPhoto) felt the pulse of Canon’s somewhat understated Canon XC10 camcorder. The main question for Polin is how the Canon XC10 compares to a DSLR, and if it suits better for some assignments.
It’s lightweight, has a killer IS system, and the quality is unlike any other at this price point. Not having to attempt to rack focus quickly on a moving subject (ie Jared) makes using this camera a breeze. The quality I’m getting out of this “c-type” camera could easily serve as my main camera. 4K at 305mbps at 4:2:2 in C-Log doesn’t get much better if you’re a filmmaker on a budget. Achieving that “cinematic” background blur is totally possible with this camera too, as long as you’re fully zoomed out with your subject and background having a decent amount of distance between them–I typically will stand back 25-50 feet from Jared if he’s talking to the camera. Read the review…
Jared Polin sums up his impression in the 14 minutes video below. Btw, the Canon XC10 saw a huge price drop and now is on sale at $1,999.