Authorised Sigma retailer Adorama has coupon discounts on three Sigma Art lenses. Use coupon code LENSFRIDAY on checkout. Please Note: All Sigma lenses include 4% Adorama Rewards and the Sigma USB Dock. Free overnight shipping through 12/22, promotion expires 1/1/17.
Sigma press release:
Sigma Announces Cine High Speed Zoom Lens Pricing and Availability
Cine High Speed Zoom 18-35mm T2 and 50-100mm T2 lenses begin shipping on December 9 for a retail price of $3999.00 USD
New York, NY – October 20, 2016 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading DSLR lens, camera, flash and accessory manufacturer, announced today that the Cine High Speed Zoom 18-35mm T2 and 50-100mm T2 lenses will begin shipping on December 9, 2016 for a retail price of $3999.00 USD. Born from the new Sigma Cine family of products, the High Speed Zoom lenses leverage the outstanding optical design of the company’s world-renowned Global Vision still photography lenses. Combined with the 100% new mechanical lens body design, the Cine lenses meet needs of advanced 6k and 8k cinema production with the core optical quality DNA that has defined the Sigma benchmark of imaging excellence.
See the Sigma Cine Family of Products at PDN/PPE 2016 Expo
Demonstrated for the first time to the public in the United States, attendees to the 2016 PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo (PPE), held at the Javits Convention Center in New York City from October 20-22, 2016, can see first-hand the new Sigma Cine family of lenses:
Cine High Speed Zoom Line – 18-35mm T2 and 50-100mm T2
The high speed zoom line, which is compatible with the Super35 image size standard, offers the constant aperture of T2 throughout the zoom range with superior optical performance that is capable of high-resolution 6K-8K shooting. Delivering the highest image quality in its class, the High Speed Zoom is ergonomically compact and designed for E, EF and PL camera system mounts.
Cine FF Zoom Line – 24-35mm T2.2 FF
Compatible with a full-frame image sensor, the FF Zoom’s outstanding optical performance also supports 6K-8K shooting. Because so few lenses cater to the requirements of the latest digital cinema cameras’ image sensors, this line provides a rare option for cinematographers. The FF Zoom is designed for E and EF camera system mounts.
Cine FF High Speed Prime Line – 20mm T1.5 FF, 24mm T1.5 FF, 35mm T1.5 FF, 50mm T1.5 FF and 85mm T1.5 FF
The Cine High Speed Prime lineup features lenses ranging from 20mm to 85mm, with all five touting an aperture of T1.5. Highly compact and compatible with full-frame sensors, these lenses offer superior resolution. They bring a consistent level of light to the production, offering greater consistency to any film’s color, contrast and overall look before it enters post-production. The FF High Speed Prime line is designed for E, EF and PL camera system mounts.
For more information on the Sigma Cine Lenses, please visit https://www.sigmaphoto.com/
B&H Photo has an interesting bundle on offer. The new Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art bundled with the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art and Sigma’s USB Dock.
You can pre-order the bundle at $1,799 and save $160. These Sigma f/1.8 lenses are what makes your APS-C DSLR yield results like a full-frame.
Update: the deal expired yesterday.
We are excited to offer an exclusive deal for Canon Watch readers, kindly sponsored by Adorama.
For limited time you can get the awesome Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM “Art” lens for $719 using coupon code CWLENSADRM (click here). That’s $80 off the regular price. The offer will expire sunday night at 11:59pm EST (May 17).
- This lens is part of Sigma’s Art line; deeming it well-suited to creative image making due to its large, constant f/1.8 maximum aperture and ability to produce aesthetic bokeh by way of a nine-blade circular diaphragm
- One aspherical lens element, as well as the incorporation of SLD glass, help to minimize the appearance of distortions and aberrations throughout the zoom range and provide clear imagery with enhanced sharpness
- The Hyper Sonic Motor provides fast, quiet and smooth auto focusing that is well-suited for use with video applications. This AF motor can also be manually overridden at any time by rotating the focusing ring, giving you the ability to fine-tune image sharpness through manual focusing
- Constructed using a TSC compound material, this lens is lightweight while also exhibiting notable durability and resistance to environmental changes
- An internal focusing and zooming mechanism helps to maintain a consistent overall lens length and a non-rotating front ring facilitates more efficient use of circular polarizers
- Compatible with Sigma’s USB Dock and Sigma Optimization Pro software for fine-tuning your lens’ performance, updating its firmware and better suiting it to your needs
- Focal Length: 18 – 35 mm (comparable 35mm Focal Length: 28.8 – 56mm)
- Aperture: Maximum: f/1.8, Minimum: f/16
- Angle of View: 73.8deg. – 42.2deg.
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11″ (27.94 cm)
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:4.3
- Groups/Elements: 12/17
- Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Image Stabilization: No
- Autofocus: Yes
- Filter Thread: Front: 72 mm
- Dimensions (Dell): Approx. 3.07×4.76″ / 7.79×12.09 cm
- Weight: 1.78 lbs / 0.80 kg
Autofocus is supported at any aperture value when used with the Canon Digital Cinema Camera EOS C100.
On my way back after the motorcycle accident, I had to sleep in the truck that was taking me and the bike back to Manali. The picture was shot at 5:30am, the sun was rising over the mountains.
I can tell you: the EOS 70D and the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 are a killer kit!