Canon already released a new firmware update for the Canon EOS R3, after having pulled the previous firmware update because of an issue.
Canon EOS R3 firmware Version 1.2.1 (download) incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
- Adds the ability to set “Custom high speed continuous” to the Drive mode. It is possible to shoot from 2 to 50 images continuously at a speed of approximately 30 to 195 fps.
- Adds the ability to select “FHD 239.76 fps/200.00 fps” in “High frame rate.”
- 1- Adds the ability for in camera “Depth compositing” during “Focus bracketing.”
2- Adds Focus bracketing and depth compositing with a flash (Speedlite EL-1).
- Adds the ability of time-lapse movie recording. Note that the time-lapse movie setting is retained even if the camera enters the Auto Power Off state before starting time-lapse movie recording.
- Adds the ability of Cloud RAW processing functionality. RAW processing with the latest image processing technology is possible. This is a paid service that requires the purchase of a Canon Imaging App Service Plan, which will be available starting July 25, 2022.
- Adds the ability to convert multiple HEIF images into multiple JPEG images.
- Adds the ability to set [Still Image Crop/Aspect] to [Custom Controls]. The assigned button can be used to switch between crop and aspect ratio.
- Adds the ability to crop and resize images during transfer to an FTP server.
- 802.1X authentication/WPA2-Enterprise now supports the PKCS#12 certificate format.
- Adds an electronic shutter sound to be played when the mechanical shutter or electronic 1st-curtain is set.
- Enhances the performance of “Movie Digital IS”. It stabilizes the image when taking selfies or walking shots using a wide-angle lens.
- Adds [Auto Power Off Temp.: Standard/High] to the menu for still shooting.
- Fixes an issue, which displays Error Code 70 on the camera, that may occur, in rare instances, when the [Disp. performance] setting is set to [Smooth].
- Fixes minor issues.
- Fixes an issue, in which, after having updated the camera to firmware Version 1.2.0, when performing the [Factory reset] operation, some shooting settings are not retained.
*Items 1 through 14 are changes of Firmware Version 1.2.0, and item 15 is newly added for Firmware Version 1.2.1.