The Canon REALiS 4K600Z and the REALiS 4K601Z Pro AV LCOS Projectors have the suggested list price of $77,990, and are scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers by December 2017.
Canon U.S.A. Expands Line Of Compact Native 4K Resolution Laser LCOS Projectors
Offering Superb Image Quality for a Wide Range of Markets and Applications Including Immersive Simulations and Multi-Projection Blending
MELVILLE, N.Y., November 7, 2017 – Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the REALiS 4K600Z Pro AV LCOS Laser projector which incorporates all of the same features as Canon’s current award-winning REALiS 4K600STZ with the new standard throw ratio of 1.3-2.4:1 (throw ratio of 4K600STZ is 1.0-1.3:1). Suitable for a wide range of markets and applications including government, museums, higher education, and medical education and training, the 4K600Z projector utilizes Canon’s unique LCOS technology with AISYS-enhancement, an advanced Genuine Canon 4K projection lens and dual image processors to create beautiful ultra-high-resolution images.
“Canon’s 4K600STZ LCOS projector has been very well received in a variety of new markets and applications, and we’re excited to introduce this new model that further delivers on these markets’ needs,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and chief operating officer, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “We are confident that our new REALiS 4K600Z projector will not only provide an extremely high quality of imagery, but will also help professionals in these markets advance their work and training to new heights.”
The REALiS 4K600Z Pro AV LCOS 4K projector is designed to offer an impressive native 4K resolution of 4096×2400 available pixels, making it ideal for those applications like simulation/training, design and engineering that require extremely high detail, and can also benefit from larger vertical display areas. The 4K600Z projector is also fully equipped with a unique Canon designed 4K high-performance dual-image processing engine, reproducing uncompressed 4K video at up to 60 frames per second (60P) using high-speed image processing technology.
The REALiS 4K600Z Pro AV LCOS 4K features exclusive Canon technology, such as the AISYS (Aspectual Illumination System) optical engine that is designed to offer maximum brightness and contrast while maintaining a compact size. The projector’s Genuine Canon 4K Lens, which can project up to a maximum of 600 inches, is marked with a distinct red line around the lens signifying Canon’s highest quality of imaging technology. This model also includes a special Marginal Focus function, which can be used to help ensure content projected on the peripheral portions of domed surfaces remains in focus—particularly important to those in the simulation, training and educational fields.
Additional technology found in the REALiS 4K600Z Pro AV LCOS projector includes:
- Laser Phosphor Light Source: Provides an extensive list of benefits including extended operation life of up to 20,000 hours (20,000- 40,000 hours with extended mode1), 360 degree installation—on any axis, fast boot up at approximately two seconds2, wide color gamut supporting RGB, and super quiet modes which allow for operation at just 29db.
- 6000 Lumens: Delivers bright, stunning images with an impressive dynamic contrast ratio of up to 10,000:13, as well as a consistent level of brightness throughout its zoom range (when screen size remains unchanged).
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): Provides the ability to reproduce content with outstanding high contrast, making gradation close to that of human vision. Additionally, the projector supports the input of video content simulating the 4K/8K broadcast-standard ITU-R BT.2020 color gamut.
- DICOM® Simulation Mode4: The Canon REALiS 4K600Z projector’s DICOM® Simulation Mode4 is ideal for those in the medical education and training field who require displaying monochrome digital X-rays, CAT scans and MRIs with superb grayscale gradation. This mode, which offers both clear and blue base color temperature presets, simulates the results of devices compliant with the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) Part 14 standard4.
- Versatile Connectivity and Network Management: The Canon REALiS 4K600Z offers many industry-standard interfaces to enhance usability, including two HDMI (version 2.0a), and four DVI inputs supporting single, stripe and cross configurations for 4K, 2K or HD video playback. Network management, including compatibility with PJLink™, Crestron Room View and AMX Device Discovery, also helps provide outstanding flexibility for monitoring and control.
REALiS 4K601Z Pro AV LCOS Projector
For those specific applications that require a projector with no wireless connectivity and functionality, the REALiS 4K601Z Pro AV LCOS Projector is available with all of the same features as the 4K600Z, with the wireless connectivity and functionality removed.
Price, Availability and Warranty/Support
The Canon REALiS 4K600Z and the REALiS 4K601Z Pro AV LCOS Projectors have the suggested list price of $77,990.00, and are scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers by December 2017*.
Both projectors are backed by Canon’s Five-Year Laser Projector Limited Warranty, and the Company’s award-winning Professional Service & Support, which includes both a Three-Year Advanced Warranty Exchange Service Program and a Service Loaner Program.
Canon’s 4K Projectors will be on display in the Canon booth #2419 at I/ITSEC 2017 in Orlando, Florida, from Monday November 27th to Thursday November 30th.
For more information please visit usa.canon.com