Here is a Canon EOS R7 review. The Canon EOS R7 is Canon's first APS-C…
slrgear reviewed a pre-production model of the awesome Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 lens, the first to give you a constant f/1.8 across the zoom range, and at an affordable price ($799). An “an incredible lens at an amazing price” that’s “shockingly sharp”. I am sure this will be the most interesting lens this year (and easily also next year). Can’t wait to have it. Simply speaking: Sigma made everything right with this lens!
Some excerpts from the review:
- This is an amazingly sharp lens, even wide open at ƒ/1.8, which is typically not the case with very wide-aperture lenses.
- The Sigma does quite well in controlling chromatic aberration
- […] well-controlled vignetting
- […] distortion is nicely controlled, although not eliminated altogether
- The Sigma 18-35mm lens autofocuses very quickly, racking from closest focus to infinity in about 1 second
- […] build quality of this lens seems excellent
Sample pics shot with the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 can be seen on Imaging Resource’s Flickr page. Conclusion:
The Sigma 18-35mm ƒ/1.8 DC HSM “A” lens packs a big punch in features and image quality without a big punch to the wallet. Shockingly sharp images at all apertures, even at ƒ/1.8, with excellent flatness of field and good control over chromatic aberration, distortion and vignetting make this lens a no-brainer for users of APS-C cameras looking to upgrade from their kit lens.
Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM specs:
- Aperture Range: f/1.8-16
- Fast Constant Maximum Aperture
- Designed for APS-C-Sized Sensors
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 28.8-56mm
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor
- Internal Focusing and Zoom Design
- One Aspherical Element and SLD Glass
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Canon EF Lens Mount
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock