You are browsing the archive for October 2012 - CanonWatch.
To whom it concerns, DXOMark published the scores of the Canon EOS-1D X. Although these figures will start the usual discussions, be aware that this is a purely engineering measure. It tells something about a sensor, seldom the whole story and never the real world performance of a camera. But these are just my two cents.
If you’re living in Germany, or in Europe, and if you can’t wait to get the EOS M in your hands, you may be interested to know that Amazon Germany has two EOS M kits with EF-M 18-55mm f/3,5-5,6 IS STM and the Speedlite 90EX (EUR 841,98, click here) in stock and ready to ship. The kits are sold by seller qf-foto on Amazon.
cinema5d posted the interview with Canon’s Peter Yabsley. The interview is about the idea the Canon C100 was born off. The Canon C100 is expected to be available for November 30, the price is $6,499 (click here to see more). The key specs of the C100:
- Super 35mm 8.3MP CMOS Sensor
- EF Lens Mount with EF Contacts
- HDMI Outputs a Non-Compression Signal
- Dual SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slots
- ISO 320 and up to ISO 20000
- Wide DR and Canon Log Gamma
- Reduced Rolling Shutter Skews
- Built-in ND Filters with Manual Controls
- Two XLR Audio Connectors
- Peripheral Illumination Correction
More about the C100 after the break.
There was some confusion with yesterday’s news that an EF 24-70 f/2.8L IS lens could be around the corner. It is the EF 24-70 f/4L that appears to be close to announcement. Quoting Canon Rumors:
A new EF 24-70 f/4L IS is on the horizon. It appears something was lost in translation in regards to yesterday’s rumor. While a prototype of the 2.8 version in IS form exists, the f/4L version is what will be coming to market.
Neither the price nor the announcement date are known.
The remains of the day…
- (Video) Canon PowerShot G15 (specs&price) Video Test 1080p –> read it here
- Using the Canon EOS-1D X (specs&price) and the EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II To Shoot Former Top Chef Winners –> read it here
- 204 800 ISO with the Canon EOS-1D X (specs&price) (French) –> read it here
- InstaSnopes: Sorting the Real Sandy Photos from the Fakes –> read it here
- State-by-state snapshot of Sandy’s effects –> read it here
- The Long, Weird History of Photo Manipulation –> read it here
- Photographer Capturing the 40th Parallel All Across the United States –> read it here