How nice a Canon rumor on Black Friday. So you all come here to read…
AdoramaTV Pro puts Canon’s and Nikon’s newest Full Frame pro DSLRs, the 5D Mark III and D800, head to head in a video shootout. In the video moiré on the 5D Mark III looks much better controlled than in the D800. Another thing that caught my attention was to see how much detail the 5D maintains at high ISOs (>6400) while well controlling the noise.
- moiré patterns
- rolling shutter during quick panning shots
- high ISO performance by candlelight and in an urban night scene
- a high contrast scene to test dynamic range
- Both cameras used the default “Standard” color profiles and were shot at 24 fps
- 5D Mark III footage was shot in the new ALL-I high bitrate codec
- Nikon D800 used the highest internal codec
Next, a review. Mark Wallace from AdoramaTV made a 18min review of the EOS 5D Mark III. Watch as Mark walks you through a selection of photos showcasing the 5D Mark III’s capabilities. Mark also touches upon the features of the full frame, 22 megapixel HDSLR that make it a worthy successor to the 5DMII- including new autofocusing, metering and sensor technology.