At a glance:
- 30.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6+ Image Processor
- 3.2″ 1.62m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- DCI 4K Video at 30 fps; 8.8MP Still Grab
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- Native ISO 32000, Expanded to ISO 102400
- Dual Pixel RAW; AF Area Select Button
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF
- 7 fps Shooting; CF & SD Card Slots
- Built-In GPS and Wi-Fi with NFC
Renowned nature, wildlife, and travel photographer Richard Bernabe posted his impression about the new Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. Another positive review for the latest addition to Canon’s winning EOS 5D series.
About the dynamic range:
High-contrast sunrise and sunset situations often needed only only single exposure in order to capture the full range of tones in the scene.
About high ISO:
Properly exposed files were perfectly acceptable at 3200 ISO and even 6400.
About the AF system:
The autofocus system on the Canon 5D Mark IV is very accurate and locks onto any bit of available contrast, even in low light.
From the conclusion:
The Canon 5D Mark IV is a game changer for me. The improvements are exactly what I had hoped for – better dynamic range and high ISO performance – among many others. The results I was able to see with my own eyes this past week have me super excited about my travel schedule for 2017 and the prospect of taking this camera along with me. I suspect the Canon 5D Mark IV will be my landscape, nature, and travel workhorse DSLR for at least the next two or three years.
I recommend you read the review, since it is not based on lab settings but on the impression and the experience of a professional photographer. Moreover, the sample pictures are beautiful.