Canon EOS 5Ds R at a glance:
- 50.6 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with ISO 100-6400 (Lo: 50 and H1: 12,800) sensitivity range.
- Low-pass cancellation filter for maximum sensor resolution.
- Dual DIGIC 6 Processors for outstanding image processing speed and camera responsiveness.
- 5 frames per second (fps) with selectable burst speeds and silent shutter mode.
- 61-point wide area AF with 41 cross-type sensors with iTR, AI Servo AF III and AF Configuration tool.
- 150k pixel RGB+IR metering sensor.
- 100% magnification Intelligent Viewfinder II with electronic overlay.
- 1.3x, 1.6x and 1:1 ratio crop modes with masked viewfinder display.
- Mirror Vibration Control System to reduce mirror vibration blur.
- Fine Detail Picture Style.
- CF + SD (UHS-I) dual memory card slots.
- Peripheral Illumination and Chromatic Aberration Lens Correction in camera.
- Multiple Exposure and HDR mode.
- Customisable Quick Control screen.
- Built-in timer functionality – bulb timer and interval shooting timer.
- Time-lapse Movie function.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 for high-speed tethering and image/movie transfer.
- 150,000 shutter cycle life.
While working on his review, photographer and reviewer Dustin Abbott posted a 12 minutes hands-on video where he analyzes design, features and specifications of Canon’s full-frame resolution champion, the 50MP EOS 5Ds R. Dustin also posted a sample image gallery here.[via Dustin Abbott]