Canon EOS 6D Mark II: Amazon, B&H Photo, Digitalrev, eBay, Adorama, KEH Camera, Canon USA
EOS 6D Mark II at a glance:
- 26.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- 45-Point All-Cross Type AF System
- Full HD Video at 60 fps; Electronic IS
- 3.0″ Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF
- Native ISO 40000, Expanded to ISO 102400
- 6.5 fps Shooting; Time-Lapse & HDR Movie
- Built-In GPS, Bluetooth, & Wi-Fi w/ NFC
- Dust and Water Resistant; SD Card Slot
Image sensor authority DxOMark benchmarked the much discussed Canon EOS 6D Mark II. Canon seems to not have hit the mark with the 6D Mark II. There is a lot of discussion about dynamic range and ISO performance.
DxOMark has some good words for the EOS 6D Mark II, though the 6D2 can’t really hold up to competition or to what people was expecting:
Its sensor performance continues the upward trend for Canon chips too, although it doesn’t quite hit the dizzy heights of Canon’s best sensor to date in the 5D Mark IV. This is a result of notably lower dynamic range recorded by the 6D Mark II at base ISO, which is a concern for photographers after the best image quality in good light. From ISO 800, dynamic range is much closer to the performance of semi pro rivals such as the Nikon D750 and Sony A7 II however, and with good color sensitivity at all settings and well-controlled noise the 6D Mark II lends itself better to low light photography. Read the review at DxOMark.
From an engineering, sensor-wise point of view there is measurable data that suggests ISO noise and low light performance are ok, at least.