Canon patent for an optical formula that appears to refer to a possible Powershot camera. The patent is about a 9-240mm F2.8-5.6 lens that seems to fit a compact camera, a Canon Powershot. The optical formula resolves to a 27x zoom.
The Canon PowerShot G3 X has a 25x zoom (24-600mm equivalent). May this patent refer to a replacement? It may be.
- Patent Publication No. 2016-31419
- Published 2016.3.7
- Filing date 2014.7.28
- Zoom ratio 25.58
- Wide-angle intermediate telephoto
- Focal length 9.35 31.90 239.12
- F-number 2.88 4.93 5.76
- Half angle of view (degrees) 35.66 13.89 1.89
- The image height 6.71 7.89 7.89
- Overall length of the lens 94.81 119.61 197.21
- BF 2.97 19.89 29.86