It took Canon a long time to feature IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization) on their…
Canon’s labs are working on new technology without any pause. Here is another interesting patent that may hit the market ine day.
Canon files a patent for a curved image sensor. According to patent literature, this is…
[…] an optical system which makes an object image image on an imaging surface of the […] image sensor. A driving means which incurvates an imaging surface of the aforementioned image sensor, a control means which controls the aforementioned driving means and incurvates the aforementioned image sensor so that it may become the curvature according to curvature-of-field aberration and a photographing condition of the aforementioned optical system.
- Patent Publication No. 2016-173496
- Published 2016.9.29
- Filing date 2015.3.17
-  However, generally a dark current is generated by the image sensor, especially since the time of or during long exposure sensitivity is sometimes noise due to dark current are noticeable, various noise reduction process is performed. On the other hand, the imaging surface imaging element is curved in the imaging element curved dark current generated by the imaging device is known to be reduced by the tensile stress at the time of the.
- Canon patent
- Curving the imaging surface drive means
- Driving means magnetic force
- Curvature of dark current noise is reduced
- Curvature priority to the correction of the curvature of field aberration