Something is moving in Canon’s EOS M department. Here we have another Canon patent for an EF-M lens,, a EF-M 9-18mm f/3.5-4.5 STM.
We already have an ultra wide-angle lens for the EOS M system, the EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM. Will the optic formula described in the Canon patent ever hit the market? Hard to say.
- Patent Publication No. 2016-54371
- Published 2016.4.14
- Filing date 2014.9.3
- Zoom ratio 1.90
- Wide-angle intermediate telephoto
- Focal length 9.22 14.05 17.50
- F-number 3.39 4.04 4.63
- Half angle of view (degrees) 53.07 44.12 37.91
- Image height 12.27 13.63 13.63
- Overall length of the lens 89.68 83.60 86.84
- BF 14.22 15.78 16.00
- Canon patent
- Upon correction of the distortion, providing a constraint on stretching amount at each image height
- Properly set the curve shape of the distortion aberration