Here is a new Canon patent application, and it is a rather interesting one.
Canon patent application P2022065383 (Japan) discusses optical formulas for a RF 9-18mm f/4 wide angle zoom lens for the Canon EOS R system.
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide a zoom lens which is compact and has high resolving power while having a wide angle of view.
With the increase in the number of pixels of an image pickup apparatus, there is a demand for a zoom lens having a wide angle and high optical performance. Patent Document 1 discloses a wide-angle zoom lens having a focal length at a wide-angle end of about 11 mm in terms of 35 mm and an angle of view of about 120 °.
However, when the zoom lens is widened, the refractive power of each lens constituting the zoom lens increases and the resolution decreases.
The present invention provides a zoom lens having a wide angle of view, yet being compact and having high resolving power.
- Focal length: 9.27-17.46
- F value: 4.12
- Half angle of view: 66.80-51.10
- Image height: 21.64
- Overall length: 130.07-127.77
- Back focus: 11.00
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files