That's what a Canon patent application seems to suggest, a 300mm f/2.3 mirror lens. Read…
Since Canon’s commitment to mirrorless technology we can expect the company to improve the technology itself. For instance the Electronic Viewfinder.
An Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) is the only mean to give mirrorless camera users an experience that somewhat resembles the classic viewfinder, plus the added bonuses of information that can be shown in the EVF.
Canon patent application 2021-005111 (Japan) discusses how to improve the optical part of an EVF, in particular high magnification and long eye relief. This refers to the optical eyepiece (part of the EVF) used to look at the magnified image on the built-in display.Some people, me included, do not go along well with EVF. The technology discuses in the paper could make the experience better.
More Canon patents are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files
[via Canon News]