This is a rather interesting Canon patent application, and it might well go into production…
Here is another Canon patent application dealing with how to make IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation) and lens IS work together smoothly.
Canon patent application 2019-215426 (Japan) discusses the possibility of a change in the composition that occurs when IBIS and lens IS are working together. If both are working only while shooting, the resulting composition might be slightly shifted compared to what was seen in the viewfinder.
Although the camera in the image on top resembles more a DSLR than a MILC, we think this patent application too will find its way in a future EOS R camera body. We expect two new EOS R cameras in Q1 and Q2 2020, will this technology be already on board?
We have no doubts that Canon will feature IBIS on future cameras, given the remarkable collection of patent applications dealing with it and the fact that a Canon exec told the world about. And it’s very likely that the first Canon camera to feature it will be mirrorless.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files