It's years now hat this rumor comes up at regular intervals. Canon making an EOS…
Take this Canon EOS Rs rumor with a grain of salt.. A list of specifications for the upcoming high resolution Canon EOS R model leaked over the web.
Please note that “Rs” is a moniker created by the rumor mills, not a leaked denomination for this camera. The high resolution EOS R body might have a totally different name.
It seems the sensor resolution we leaked back in April gets another confirmation. We were told the EOS Rs will feature 75MP, and it gets backed by this Canon EOS Rs rumor (but 80MP have also been rumored).
The rumored specifications for the high resolution, Canon EOS Rs camera:
- 75mp full-frame CMOS
- Sensor “focused on the dynamic range”
- Frames per second “… Sounded similar to the EOS R”
- DIGIC 9
- Dual Card Slots
- Joystick the same as the EOS-1D X Mark III
- Larger and higher resolution EVF than the EOS R
- Fully articulating LCD screen
- Fully weather-sealed
- Similar ergonomics as the EOS R (No touch bar)
The list originates from a source who claims to have shot a prototype of the EOS Rs. Announcement is now expected early 2020, with February being the most likely candidate.
Source: Canon Rumors