Will this patent (spotted by Egami) ever hit the market? If it does it will probably yield a new Powershot camera with a wobbling 100x zoom. The patent refers to a 1/2.3″ sensor and an equivalent focal length of 24-2400mm.
- Patent Publication No. 2014-174524
- Published 2014.9.22
- Filing date 2013.3.13
- Example 4
- Zoom ratio 98.52
- The focal length f = 3.07 53.41 302.40mm
- Fno. 1.85 8.14 9.00
- Half angle ω = 36.2 2.40 0.50 °
- Overall length of the lens 110.05mm
- BF 12.67 27.40 5.19mm
- 4-group zoom of positive and negative, positive
- Inner zoom (the second group, the third group)
- Rear focus (fourth group)
- Anti-vibration (third group)
Do you think Canon will produce a Powershot with a 100x zoom anytime soon?