Rather interesting Canon patent application. A box-shaped interchangeable lens camera. Canon patent application 2023024538 (Japan,…
Canon Patent for EF/EF-S adapter for full-frame mirrorless camera
This is a very interesting patent, a patent that hopefully points to something that will hit the market.
The patent refers to an adapter for a full-frame mirrorless camera. The adapter has a switch to change between EF and EF-S lenses.
- Patent Publication No. 2015-118208
- Published 2015.6.25
- Filing date 2013.12.18
- Canon patents
- Flange back is shorter body
- Flange back is long, a lens having the same image circle as the image pickup device body
- Flange back is long, a lens with a smaller image circle than the image pickup device body
- Mount adapter to change the diameter of the flare cut stop, depending on the image circle of mounting the lens
May a full-frame mirrorless camera by Canon finally be on its way?[via Egami]