It took Canon a long time to feature IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization) on their…
Egami (translated) spotted another highly interesting patent filed by Canon. The patent refers to a 3 layer, Foveon-like sensor with an insulator film applied. The film helps reduce reflection and flares.Very interesting patent, and not the first of this kind we report about, similar patents showed up in the past (here and here).
This is the third Canon patent about a Foveon-like sensor I am featuring here on CW. I think to start that such a sensor technology is definitely on Canon’s plans.
- Patent Publication No. 2014-130890
- Publication date 2014.7.10
- Filing date 2012.12.28
- Multilayer sensor drawback of
- G is light, the image quality is degraded and reflected by the surface of the layer between the G and B layer, re-enters the B layer
- Canon patents
- The provision of the dielectric film and the insulating film as an anti-reflection film
- First insulating layer, B layer, a dielectric film, insulating film, dielectric film, G layer, a dielectric film, insulating film, insulating film, dielectric film, the R layer
- By increasing the thickness of the dielectric film, to suppress the multiple reflection
- The dielectric film is between the G layer and B layer, the reflectance with respect to G is lower than B