The Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS lens was announced last week. A rather interesting…
The Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS lens is one of the less expensive RF mount lenses for the Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless system.
The video below shows the convenience of the Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS for travels and other settings where you don’t want to carry around a lot of lenses or too much weight.
Some Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS reviews are listed here.
At a glance:
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Nano USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer and Dynamic IS
- Customizable Control Ring
Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS:
America: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon CA, KEH Camera, BestBuy, Canon CA, Canon USA
Europe & UK: Amazon DE, Amazon UK, Amazon FR, Amazon IT, Wex Photo Video, Park Cameras, Canon DE, Canon UK, Canon IT, Canon FR
Covering an impressive wide-angle to super-telephoto range, the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM from Canon is a true all-in-one lens for nearly any shooting situation. Its 10x zoom range is complemented by an Optical Image Stabilizer, which compensates for up to five stops of camera shake to better realize sharp imagery when shooting handheld. Dynamic IS also benefits video recording, and better compensates for footage shot while walking or moving. Benefitting both stills and video is a Nano USM autofocus motor, which delivers quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance. Additionally, the lens also features a unique customizable Control Ring, which can be configured to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- All-in-one zoom is designed for use with full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by five stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Also, when recording video, Dynamic IS is available and is a more active type of stabilization to suit recording while walking or moving, and is especially useful at the wide-angle end of the zoom range.
- Nano USM system utilizes both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing that is also smooth and near-silent to suit both photography and video applications. This focusing system also affords full-time manual focus control when working in the one-shot AF mode.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.