Metabones released a new Speed Booster for the EOS R system.
The Canon EF-RF mount T Speed Booster® ULTRA 0.71x is able to able “to mitigate most of the 4k video crop factor of EOS R (1.75x) and EOS RP (1.63x) and reduce it to 1.24x and 1.15x respectively“.
The Metabones Canon EF-RF mount T Speed Booster® ULTRA 0.71x is already available for $479 at B&H Photo | Adorama | Metabones
Metabones EF-RF Speed Booster® ULTRA 0.71x – to adapt Canon EF mount full-frame lenses to the new Canon RF mount. Filmmakers are now able to mitigate most of the 4k video crop factor of EOS R (1.75x) and EOS RP (1.63x) and reduce it to 1.24x and 1.15x respectively. The field of view is now much closer to still photo mode. This Speed Booster is not intended for still photography but will work if the camera is configured to APS-C mode. 60p FHD video does not work at all.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9).
- Increase MTF (details).
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high
index tantalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA
- Autofocus. AF speed is properly adjusted to account for and
leverage the shorter focal length and the brighter maximum aperture.
- Dual-pixel autofocus (DPAF) and video AF support.
- Focal length and aperture are adjusted in EXIF (see note 3).
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Store EXIF data (lens name, focal length and maximum/minimum aperture) for one manual lens in the adapter.
- Build-in multi-function Control Wheel (turn/ push-in) for
assignable functions(eg. ISO, shutter speed or aperture control,
- LED indicator shows communication status.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects the RF mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.