Right, two product advisories for the Rebel T4i/650D. First advisory concerns a phenomenon where the front rubber grips of some EOS REBEL T4i units produced in certain lots during the sixteen-day period between May 31st through June 15th, 2012 may turn white after a short period of time.
You can use the serial number to check whether your camera is affected by this phenomenon. If the sixth digit of the serial number is “1” please follow the procedure below. If the sixth digit of the serial number is “2” or higher, your camera is not affected.
1) Click on the link below to enter your serial number.
2) Enter the 12-digit serial number (reference the image below) from your camera then click the Submit button
3) One of the following messages will appear.
· “Your camera is NOT affected” → No further action is required
· “Your camera is affected” → Please see the Support section below
Click here to enter your serial number
Next, the second advisory: your Rebel T4i might be a little confused sometimes, believing it is a Kiss X6i. :-)