A few days to the announcement of the Nikon Z 9. As it happens often,…
Tomorrow (7/28/2020) Sony will announce the Sony a7s III. Here are some leaked images and rumored specifications.
Sony a7s III specifications (via Sony Alpha Rumors):
- New 12MP sensor with fast readout and S-Cinetone colorscience
- records FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- ONLY Up to 4k60 will be 10bit 4:2:2 internal.
- Downsampled 1080p from 4K, making this the best 1080p hybrid ever made! No line skipping or pixel binning.
- No internal RAW.
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- Movie Edit add-on compatibility for Image Stabilization in post
- world’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- same Sony A7rIV AF system
- new kind of passive (noise free) cooling system
- no overheating, no recording time limits (They are claiming to not have overheating issues for at least 1hr even at the highest framerate.)
- UHSII card and CFexpress Type A card support (each of th two slots takes them both!)
- Looks pretty similar to a Sony A7rIV.
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- The video record button is now on the top of the camera, placed behind the shutter button
- price around 4.000 Euro
- announcement late July
- shipment start mid August