Canon's next EOS R model with an APS-C imaging sensor might not be far away,…
Some Canon EOS R3 documents leaked yesterday, including the press release we leaked first. asobinet.com put together a list with all the new things we learned or got confirmed for good by the press release and a tech paper spotted by Nokishita.
New or confirmed Canon EOS R3 specifications:
- 24.1 million pixels full size back-illuminated laminated CMOS I
- Image processing engine DIGIC X
- AF / AE tracking 30 frames per second (electronic), 12 frames per second (mechanical)
- Up to 8.0 steps of in-body image stabilization (coordinated correction with lens IS)
- Rolling shutter reduced to 1/4 compared to EOS-1D X Mark III
- Supports HDR PQ still images and videos-Equipped with HDR mode for 3-composite
- Dual pixel CMOS AF II
- AF calculation up to 60fps
- Follow-up calculation
- Supports whole body detection
- Supports vehicle detection
- Enhancement of EOS iTR AF X
- Supports 6K 60p RAW and 4K 120p
- Compatible with Canon Log 3
- It is the first non-Cinema EOS to shoot continuous video for 30 minutes or more. It can record up to 6 hours.
- 4.15 million dot vari-angle monitor
- It weighs 1,015g and is about 71% of the EOS-1D X Mark III.
- Supports flash synchronization and 15fps continuous shooting in 1/180 seconds when using an electronic shutter
Get ready for the announcement. Below you can see the full technical specifications for the EOS R3.