The Canon EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R saw a massive price drop at authorised…
Very good deal at B&H Photo!
Get the Canon EOS M with the 18-55mm IS STM lens and the Speedlite 90EX – all for just $349! This is an imported kit, all B&H Photo warranties apply. The deal expires July 5th.
- 18MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Hybrid CMOS Autofocus System
- Expandable Sensitivity to ISO 25600
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction Mode
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
- Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Canon Speedlite 90EX External Flash
Product description after the break.
The black Canon EOS M Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lens and Flash Kitcombines the EOS M mirrorless digital camera with standard zoom lens with the Speedlite 90EX flash. The flash’s compact size and lightweight design are well-matched to the EOS M and the guide no. of 30′ at ISO 100 and optical wireless master function make it a versatile tool for rounding out the imaging abilities of the camera.
The EOS M features an APS-C-sized 18 megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5 image processor to produce high resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video at 30 fps with notable low-light sensitivity to an expandable ISO 25600. A 3.0″ 1,040k-dot LCD monitor is integrated into the design and features a touchscreen interface for intuitive navigation of menus and playback options as well as precise control over focus points by using the Touch AF function. Hybrid CMOS AF is also available, which combines both phase- and contrast-detection methods of focusing to provide fast and accurate performance when working in live view. While recording movies, the Movie Servo AF mode can be employed for continuous focusing abilities that pairs well with the included EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens and its stepping motor for smoother, quieter focus performance. The EOS M also integrates a host of camera settings and modes, such as Scene Intelligent Auto, Handheld Night Scene Mode, and HDR Backlight Control, for refining the look and feel of imagery.
- Sensor and Image Processor
- High resolution 18MP CMOS APS-C sensor and high performance DIGIC 5 image processor equal fast functional response, exceptional image quality and sharp detail in both photo and video.
- Full HD 1080p Movie
- The EOS M offers full HD 1080p movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, manual exposure control, multiple resolution and frame rates, built-in stereo microphone with a wind filter, manual audio level adjustment, and Video Snapshot with editing. ISO in video ranges from 100-6400 and is expandable to 12800 in H mode. Combined with STM lenses, such as the included 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, the Movie Servo AF provides smooth, silent auto-focus function, a great benefit when shooting video. The camera automatically splits files larger than 4GB for extended, uninterrupted recording and offers a 3.5mm port for compatible external microphones. The file format for shooting video on the EOS M is MOV with H.264 compression standard. Video can be recorded in full HD, HD and SD and at full HD the possible frames rates are 30, 24 and 25 frames per second. Auto exposure and manual exposure control are both possible on video as well as photo capture.
- ISO Sensitivity
- Normal sensitivity ranges from ISO 100-12800, but expands in High Sensitivity Mode to ISO 25600 for faster shutter speeds and sharper details in low light.
- Hybrid CMOS Auto-focus
- Hybrid CMOS AF uses a combination of both Contrast AF, which utilizes the CMOS sensor and Phase Difference Auto-focus to increase accuracy and auto-focus speed in both photo and video.
- Touch Screen 3.0″ LCD with Touch AF
- Thanks to a new construction between the its resin-coated cover and the liquid crystal display, the 3.0″ Clear View LCD monitor keeps glare to a minimum and makes it easy to see your images even in bright light. The 1,040,000-dot resolution is ideal for playback and focusing and the smudge-resistant coating on the LCD preserves the luminosity after multiple touches. Numerous camera operations can be handled by the touch screen including Auto-focus control, whereby you touch the LCD screen on the part of the image you want in focus. Two-finger (multi-touch) control allows you to zoom, scroll images and navigate the menus as you would with a smartphone. The LCD has an adjustable seven-level brightness control and a viewing angle of 170º and aspect ratio of 3:2.
- Noise Reduction
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction provides outstanding noise reduction while preserving fine detail in photos at high ISO speeds. With MSNR activated, the camera takes four consecutive shots of the same image, then merges and aligns them, reducing noise and blur.
- Continuous Shooting and Burst Rate
- For still photography, the EOS M can shoot up to 4.3 frames per second for up to 15 shots utilizing an SD card in JPEG mode. With a UHS-I card that number lifts to 17 shots at 4.3fps. For video, the continuous shooting time in full HD on a 16GB memory card is 44 minutes.
- Advanced Imaging Features
- Handheld Night Scene and High Dynamic Range are assistive functions that allow all levels of photographers to take advantage of digital advancements to improve their shooting results. HDR, for example, shoots three images of the exact same image simultaneously in various exposures and combines the three into one perfectly balanced photo. This is ideal when shooting images that have both shadow and bright light and those whose subject is lit from behind. The EOS M also offers seven Creative Filters to enhance your images, including Toy Camera Effect and Art Bold Effect, which makes your photo look like an oil painting.
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode optimizes all of the camera’s auto controls to provide the best settings based on the camera’s reading of the scene. You compose the shot, and the camera does the rest.
- The EOS M Mirrorless Digital Camera uses popular SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards, and is also compatible with the newest Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) memory cards.
- Live View Functions
- Live View functions include Autofocus with Face Detection and Tracking AF and FlexiZone Multi and Single. Metering in Live View include partial, spot and center-weighted average metering with a metering range of EV 1 to EV 20. Two types of grid displays and exposure simulation are also available in Live View.
- Supported Languages
- English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese
- Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Included
- This kit includes Canon’s EF-M-mount zoom lens, the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6mm IS STM lens. The 35mm format equivalency is approximately 28-90mm, which makes this a comprehensive wide-angle to standard zoom, ideal for day-to-day shooting needs. Its IS (Image Stabilization) technology reduces the effects of camera movement up to the equivalent of 4 stops, and can eliminate blur from low light or longer telephoto shots. This lens also supports the Movie Servo AF function for smooth and quiet continuous autofocus during video shooting by utilizing a stepping motor (STM); it even has Dynamic IS in Movie Shooting Mode to provide the image stabilization needed while recording video when walking. Three aspherical elements reduce optical aberrations, and multi-coatings minimize flare to provide sharp, high quality images.