A Canon EOS R3 review. There aren't many out there. Maybe because few got a…
The Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS lens was announced last week. A rather interesting lens for the Canon EOS R system and one we are sure will sell like hot cakes.
At a glance:
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- 1.4x Magnification with Autofocus
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 10.2″
- Super Spectra Coating
- Smooth and Quiet Auto Focus
- Optical Image Stabilization; Hybrid IS
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes
- 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Weather-Sealed Construction
The Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS is scheduled to ship in July 2021. Preorders in USA are open at $1,399: B&H Photo | Adorama. If you are based in UK we recommend Park Cameras. More worldwide preorders:
Here are some more Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS first impression reviews.
More after the break.
Engineered specifically for full-frame EOS R-series cameras, the RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens from Canon combines a medium-telephoto field of view with a sleek design and close-focusing performance. Designed for close-up imagery, this autofocus lens is an ideal choice for portraits and macro subjects. Featuring a fixed 100mm focal length, a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture, fast, highly-precise autofocus, and a spherical aberration control ring, this lens elevates the look of portraits and macro shots and gives you the ability to create dreamlike and romantic images with a soft focus look. Its close focus design enables working with subject matter as close as 10.2″ away, and a Super Spectra coating minimizes ghosting and flare when working in strong lighting conditions. The lens also features optical image stabilization, along with Hybrid IS, to suppress up to five stops of camera shake for cleaner, steadier shooting, and imagemakers can expect to see stunning results that enhance their creative and artistic vision.
- Medium telephoto macro lens with a maximum magnification of 1.4x
- High image quality and bright f/2.8 aperture
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5 stops of shake correction
- Up to 8 stops of shake correction with coordinated Optical Image Stabilizer and In-Body Image Stabilizer
- Hybrid IS system compensates for angular and shift camera shake during macro shooting
- Super Spectra coating to minimize ghosting and flare when working in strong lighting conditions
- Spherical Aberration Control Ring allows for adjustments to shape and character of foreground and background bokeh
- High speed, smooth, and quiet auto focus with Dual Nano USM
- Control ring for direct setting changes
- Sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions
- Optional rotating tripod collar is available and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod