Here is a Canon EOS R6 Mark II review by a professional and reliable reviewer.…
Powershot G7 X Is Canon’s Best Point-and-Shot In Years (says Gizmodo)
Gizmodo posted their review of Canon’s new Powershot G7 X. The Powershot that’s suspected to feature a Sony sensor (though there is no evidence for this).
They liked construction and handling, the touch screen, the “excellent image quality on par or better than anything else like it”. To the question if you should buy it, the reviewer writes:
Yes. […] The RX100 line the camera competes with is incredible, and I would rather buy the G7 X anyhow. Mostly, this is because I like the solidly built, well-designed hardware that makes using the camera a pleasure. Sure, there are some downsides that might point you in another direction, like the lack of a hotshoe, and the better video quality on Sony’s compacts.
As [the reviewer] mentioned before, though, the G7 X is more than just a solid camera, it’s well-designed and executed to the point where it feels special. It gives […] that satisfied feeling [the reviewer] had all those years ago when the S90 nailed exactly what [he] needed. Except now, it’s a contender again.
The Powershot G7 X sells for $699, price check: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA.
Powershot G7 X features (from Adorama’s product page):
- New 1.0-inch, 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor: combined with Canon’s powerful DIGIC 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 12800, enhanced image quality, and fast operation.
- A bright f/1.8(W).f/2.8(T), 4.2x Optical Zoom: (24mm.100mm), 9-blade iris diaphragm and IS equipped lens enables you to capture more in your frame, and is ideal for low-light conditions or using shallow depth-of-field for dramatic, soft backgrounds. Focus range starts at 2.0 in. for Macro and 1.3ft. for Tele.
- Selfie-ready multi-angle capacitive 3.0″ touch panel LCD: with a screen resolution of 1,040K dots or a sharp, clear display and easy operation and sharing.
- High-Speed AF: (0.14sec.) greatly improves focus speed. 31 AF points provide an expanded and more accurate focus area. Paired with continuous shooting speeds of up to 6.5 fps and the removal of buffer time, you can get your best shot in full resolution.
- Built-in NFC (Near Field Communication): allows quick and ed) simple pairing to a compatible Android device
- Capture stunning 1080p/60p Full HD video: for lifelike images and convenient playback on an HDTV via the HDMI output. Record at up to 60 fps for even more detailed, superb results in MP4 format.
- Intelligent IS: automatically chooses from eight different modes to optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images in a wide variety of conditions.
- Convenient control ring, exposure dial, and mode dial: provide intuitive manual adjustment.
- Shoot breathtaking images and video of the stars: with Star Mode designed to better capture the brilliance and wonder of the night sky.
World-wide order links after the break
Powershot G7 X pre-order and price check:
America: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA
Europe & UK: Amazon DE, Amazon UK, Amazon IT, Wex Photo Video, Canon DE, Canon UK