Here is a mirrorless comparison with high resolution cameras. Canon vs Sony vs Nikon vs…
Here is a Rokinon SP 35mm f/1.2 review. The SP 35mm f/1.2 is a manual focus lens for the Canon EF mount, and it’s a rather interesting lens as you’ll see in the video below.
Rokinon SP 35mm f/1.2 review key features:
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements, One ED Element
- Three High Refractive Index Elements
A favored focal length for everyday shooting coupled with an impressively bright design, the SP 35mm f/1.2 from Rokinon is a fast wide-angle prime for Canon EF-mount cameras. The optical design incorporates aspherical, high refractive index, and extra-low dispersion elements, which are used to reduce spherical and chromatic aberrations in order to realize a high degree of sharpness and clarity. An Ultra Multi-Coating is also featured to suppress ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color fidelity. It’s impressive f/1.2 maximum aperture also benefits working in low-light conditions and affords extensive control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques. Additionally, the manual focus design contributes to the precise control over focus, and an aluminum-alloy housing benefits handling as well as improves overall durability.
- Wide-angle 35mm f/1.2 prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 56mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.2 maximum aperture offers a high degree of control over depth of field for working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques. Additionally, it also benefits working in low-light conditions with slower shutter speeds.
- Two aspherical elements and three high refractive index elements are featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness throughout the aperture range.
- One extra-low dispersion element is used to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 1.1′ away.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Aluminum-alloy housing is both durable and lightweight.
- Rear contacts afford full camera-based control over exposure settings and also relay Exif data between the lens and camera body.