What will Canon release in 2024, what can we expect?
A new rumor suggests what Canon might have on their radar for 2024.
- Canon EOS R5 Mark II might be released within the next months, say around April 2024, and it will be announced before the Canon EOS R1
- A development announcement of the Canon EOS R1 might happen at the same time as the EOS R5 Mark II announcement
- Still at the same time, Canon might announce the RF 28mm f/1.4 or f/1.8 and the Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L
- The Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Z might be announced around July 2024, might have internal zoom and “power zoom” functionality
- Both the C300 and C500 series of cameras might get an update before IBC in September 2024
Some of the gear in the list above is rumored since long, since years, indeed. The EOS R1 was rumored sine the EOS R system came into existence, and the same can be said for the RF 35mm f/1.2L. This is gear that Canon will (or might) announce sooner or later, so the rumors will end to be reliable, sooner or later.
Forget rumors, go out and snap pics.
[via Canon Rumors]