Nikon Z6 at a glance:
- 24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine
- UHD 4K30 Video; N-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
- 273-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- Built-In 5-Axis Vibration Reduction
- 0.80x 3.6m-Dot EVF with NIKKOR Optics
- 3.2″ 2.1m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 12 fps Shooting; ISO 100-51200
- Top-Panel Dot-Matrix OLED; XQD Card Slot
From the conclusion:
If you don’t need the 45mp of the Nikon Z7 and want the higher continuous shooting speed, as well as better noise performance, then the Nikon Z6 would be a great choice. Image quality is excellent, with great noise performance, and Nikon’s tried and tested colour reproduction.
It’s a shame the battery life isn’t better, and there will be people who will find one memory card slot an issue. There will also be those that prefer SD cards due to the wide support for them (for example, built-in card readers in laptops), but with the purchase of an XQD card reader, this is quite easily resolved.
Focus performance is very good, with a high success rate, thanks to on-sensor phase detection focus points, although the lack of eye detection focus will be disappointing to those who have used it and seen the benefits. Read the review…