Digital Camera World posted a short review of what for sure appears to be the best performing lens for the new Canon EOS R system, the Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM. They call it a “monster performer, with a price and weight to match“. This is the lens Canon built to showcase what you can do with the newly engineered RF mount. Unfortunately, the Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L sells at $2,299.
Not only was this designed to be a lust-worthy launch day lens for the EOS R, it was envisioned as a demonstration for what the new RF mount is capable of. The price tag is tear-inducing, but mount this fantastic lens on the EOS R and even the most vocal naysayer will be a believer in what Canon is trying to achieve with the system.
Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L at a glance:
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- One UD Element, One Aspherical Element
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded 10-Blade Diaphragm