Only for today (8/3/2022) B&H Photo has a 37% discount on the Lensbaby Velvet 56mm…
Only for today (8/5/2022) B&H Photo has a 60% discount on the NiSi 72mm Natural Night Filter.
At a glance:
- Reduces Light Pollution in Night Sky
- Blocks Yellow Sodium-Vapor Light
- Blocks Yellow Mercury-Vapor Light
- Blocks Yellow Light from Low CRI LEDs
- 2x Filter Factor, 1-Stop Correction
- H-K9L Optical Glass Construction
- Nano Coating and Resistance Coating
- Aluminum-Alloy Filter Ring
- 72mm Front Filter Threads
- Plastic Case
Get the NiSi 72mm Natural Night Filter on sale at $59.99. Compare at $149.99.
More selected deals:
- Get Excire Foto (AI powered photo managment) with 15% discount by using code “canonwatch” at checkout
- Get Luminar NEO with a $10 discount, by using code “WATCH” at checkout
- USA: Canon USA | B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon US
- Germany: Amazon Germany | Calumet Photo | Canon Germany
- UK: Amazon UK | Canon UK
- Refurbished lenses and DSLRs at Canon Store (best deals might be found here)
The 72mm Natural Night Filter from NiSiis designed to reduce the appearance of light pollution in images or video that include the night sky and illumination from artificial light sources. This effect can be obtained when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected.
Light pollution occurs in areas of the night sky that are above or near concentrated and intense sources of artificial light such as cities. These light sources can include exterior and interior lamps for commercial or residential buildings, brightly lit advertisements such as billboards, streetlamps, as well as sports and entertainment venues. Together, they can result in a type of light pollution known as skyglow, where individual stars, the Milky Way, and other astronomical features in the night sky are obscured. Additionally, artificial lights clustered together can become difficult to individually discern. Light pollution from these “cluttered” sources can become a source of distraction within an image and can resemble overexposed areas of glare.
When used, the NiSi 72mm Natural Night Filter can improve the results of nighttime images by blocking the yellow light from sodium-vapor lamps, mercury-vapor lamps, or low Color Rendering Index LEDs, common light sources within urban areas. By preventing the dominant wavelengths of light associated with the color of those lamps from being recorded, the visibility of astronomical objects is enhanced, and artificial light sources are more clearly defined with less glare and improved contrast.
This NiSi 72mm Natural Night Filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. Each glass surface includes nano coating for reduced glare and improved color transmission. The nano coating also incorporates resistance coating for an improved beading effect with water or oil for easier cleaning, plus resistance to scratches and abrasions.
- Reduces the appearance of light pollution in images or video that include the night sky and illumination from artificial light sources
- For cameras with daylight film installed, or a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Blocks the yellow light from sodium-vapor lamps, mercury-vapor lamps, or low Color Rendering Index LEDs, common light sources within urban areas
- Enhances the visibility of astronomical objects, and where they appear, artificial light sources are more clearly defined with less glare and improved contrast
- Approximately 2x filter factor reduces exposure by 1 stop
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity
- Each glass surface includes nano coating for improved light transmission
- Resistance coating for improved beading with water or oil for easy cleaning
- Resists scratches and abrasions
- Aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight
- 72mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic case included for storage and transport