There are still some decent Cyber Week deals to grab out there. B&H Photo has…
Only for today (2/6/2023) both B&H Photo and Adorama have a 20% discount (that’s $96) on the Metabones EF to RF Mount Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x adapter.
At a glance:
- Canon EF Lens to Canon RF Body
- Full-Frame Lens to RF Camera Body
- For UHD 4K Video Capture
- 0.71x UHD 4K Crop Factor Compensation
- 1-Stop Increase in Lens Apertures
- Supports In-Camera Aperture Control
- Transfers Lens EXIF Metadata to Camera
- Anti-Reflective Matte Black Interior
- Removable, Arca-Type Tripod Foot
- 1/4″-20 Tripod Foot Accessory Threads
More selected deals:
- Get Excire Foto (AI powered photo managment) with 15% discount by using code “canonwatch” at checkout
- Get Luminar NEO with a $10 discount, by using code “WATCH” at checkout
- USA: Canon USA | B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon US
- Germany: Amazon Germany | Calumet Photo | Canon Germany
- UK: Amazon UK | Canon UK
- Refurbished lenses and DSLRs at Canon Store (best deals might be found here)
Metabones MBSPEF-EFR-BT1 Overview
This T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter from Metabones allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be used on a Canon RF-mount camera. While providing a one-stop increase for the camera over the lens’s aperture range, up to a maximum output aperture of f/0.9, the adapter’s optics help to maximize the connected lens’s apparent angle of view during UHD 4K video capture.
When recording UHD 4K video, a Canon RF-mount camera is only able to capture the center portion of the image projected on its sensor, creating an in-camera “crop factor.” A Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera Body and a Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Digital Camera Body feature a UHD 4K crop factor of 1.75x and 1.63x respectively. Inside this adapter, five optical elements in four groups condenses the light from the full-frame lens and effectively reduces the crop factor to 1.24x and 1.15x respectively. This also makes available to the sensor an additional one stop of light throughout the lens’s aperture range.
This adapter is constructed from aluminum alloy for durability while minimizing weight and its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear-and-tear. An internal, matte black coating prevents the appearance of reflections within the adapter barrel, and to help reduce stress on the camera mount when placed on a tripod, the adapter includes a detachable Arca-type compatible tripod foot with 1/4″-20 threads.
This T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter supports electronic communication between an attached camera and lens. If the lens includes autofocus, image stabilization, as well as camera-controlled aperture functions, this adapter is intended to allow use of those features. Also, if an attached lens is capable of generating EXIF metadata when used with a directly compatible camera, this adapter is designed to transfer that information, so it can be saved along with image files generated the combined Canon EF-mount lens and Canon EF-M mount camera.
- Allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be used on a Canon RF-mount camera
- Supports electronic communication between camera and lens to enable autofocus, image stabilization, on-camera aperture control, and EXIF metadata generation when possible
- 0.71x magnification maximizes angle of view of combined camera and lens for UHD 4K video capture
- Provides a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens’s aperture range, up to a maximum output aperture of f/0.9
- Reduces Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera Body UHD 4K video capture crop factor from 1.75x to 1.24x
- Reduces Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera Body UHD 4K video capture crop factor from 1.63x to 1.15x
- Allows still image capture with a compatible camera set to APS-C mode
- Integrated jog dial with press-to-click action can be assigned custom functions when used with a compatible camera
- Five lens elements in four groups for optical clarity as well as color fidelity
- Internal, black matte coating minimizes the appearance of reflections within the adapter barrel
- Aluminum alloy components for weight reduction
- Brass mounting rings prevent wear-and-tear
- Detachable Arca-type tripod foot with 1/4″-20 threads can be used to reduces stress on a connected camera’s mount
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release