Canon Powershot G9 X key features
- 20.2MP 1″ High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- 3x Optical Zoom f/2.0-4.9 Lens
- 28-80mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- ISO 12800 and 6 fps Continuous Shooting
- Intelligent IS and Manual Control Ring
- Dedicated Star Mode Shooting
Photography Blog posted their review of the new Canon PowerShot G9 X, Canon’s latest super compact camera with an 1 inch sensor. The cute little PowerShot G9 X has the same well regarded 1 inch sensor as the Powershot G7 X. In the conclusion Photography Blog writes:
Once again Canon has produced a very appealing compact camera for those looking for something which is pocket friendly but retains many of the high quality features which something bigger and more advanced has.
The fact that the Canon PowerShot G9 X uses the same sensor as the highly praised G7 X is good news. A one-inch sensor in something so small and neat is not easily achieved however, and as such there is a compromise in the focal length of the lens. However, the 3x optical zoom gives you a little bit of flexibility, and is enough for landscapes, portraits and macro subjects. Read the review.
You can pre-order the Canon Powershot G9 X in two color options, black and silver: Amazon | B&H Photo | Digitalrev | eBay | Adorama | Canon USA