Still having doubts about how shitty the rumor industry is? A few days ago, a…
The glorious Canon EOS 7D
I got some new EOS 7D Mark II specifications (thanks) that contradict the specs I got previously.
These specs are largely identical with the spec list posted by CR, with a few differences. The source told me that:
- The EOS 7D Mark II sports a 20.2 MP sensor but it is not the same sensor as featured on the EOS 70D
- The AF has 65 points but only 32 are cross-type. Center point is dual cross. f/8 on center point
- The EOS 7D Mark II has a “pro build quality” (whatever this means in detail)
- Price in EU will be €1800 (that could mean something around $1,990 in the US)
Moreover, the source told me that the EOS 7D Mark II has already been presented to resellers.
This is the spec list posted at CR:
- Kit lenses: 18-135 IS STM and 15-85 IS (no STM)
- CF, UDMA mode 7 + SD, UHS-I
- GPS is in the camera
- No WiFi
- Fixed LCD, with no touch function.
- 20.2MP APS-C Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC 6 Processors
- 65 AF points “All Cross-type”. Dual cross on the center point.
- f/8 on center point at least, could be on more points.
- ISO 100-12800, ISO Boost mode 25600 and 51200
- 1080p/720p both get 60fps
- Servo AF for video shooting.
- Anti-flicker mode, eliminates flickers under flickering lights (e.g. fluorescent lamps).
- Spot metering size 1.8%
- Built-in flash
- Mic and headphones connectors
- Can sync time between 7D II cameras.
- Lens electronic MF
- About 100% coverage OVF
- New Battery – LP-E6N
- New Battery Grip BG-E16