How do the Canon EOS R7 vs Sony a6600 compare? What are the main differences?…
Here is a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro review.
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro key features:
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- One Ultra-Low Dispersion Element
- Super Spectra Coating
Primarily designed for close-up shooting, the EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM from Canon is a versatile L-series short telephoto prime that is also well-suited for portraiture and other mid-range subjects. As a macro lens, however, this 100mm offers a life-size, 1:1 maximum magnification and an 11.8″ minimum focusing distance. Complementing close-up shooting, an Image Stabilizer is featured that minimizes camera shake by two stops at full 1:1 magnification, or up to four stops at lower magnifications for sharper handheld shooting. Also contributing to smooth and intuitive handling, a ring-type USM and internal focusing design offers quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. In regard to its optical assets, one ultra-low dispersion element is featured, to control color fringing and chromatic aberrations, and a Super Spectra coating has been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity. Additionally, as an L-series lens, this 100mm f/2.8 is weather-sealed for working in inclement conditions.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 160mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 11.8″ to suit working with close-up subjects.
- One ultra-low dispersion (UD) element greatly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. The effectiveness of this system compensates for up to two stops of camera shake at 1:1 magnification, three stops at 1:2 magnification, and four stops at lower magnifications.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), and internal focusing design, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to three different ranges for faster focusing performance: 11.8″-1.6′, 1.6′-infinity, and the full 11.8″-infinity range.Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.Optional rotating tripod collar is available and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.