Some bits of information about the long rumored high resolution EOS R5s (moniker from the…
A new Canon EOS-1D X Mark II rumor surfaced.
The rumor suggests the EOS-1D X Mark II will have “considerably more” AF points than the 61 points featured in the EOS-1D X. Most of these points are said to be cross type. There may be some new viewfinder technology coming with the 1D X Mark II, to “handle all the additional points”. The return of the red AF points in AI Servo mode is speculated.
Might the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II have a display with OLEDs? The rumor suggests such test units are out in the wild, still it is not sure if it will make it into a production model. Ergonomics shouldn’t change that much.
There is still no reliable announcement date to work on. However, it is common opinion that Canon will announce the EOS-1D X Mark II before the EOS 5D Mark IV (expected for Q1 2016), hence the 1DX2 could be announced in 2015.
About our rumour rating:
- CW1 – probably fake rumor, not reliable (less than 15% chance to be real)
- CW2 – rumor from an unknown/new source, but otherwise at least a plausible rumor (15%-40% chance to be real)
- CW3 – around 50% chance to be real, coming from a known source, or from new source with good insight in Canon’s business
- CW4 – rumor from a known source that was right in the past, high probability to be true (60%-80% chance to be real)
- CW5 – as good as certain to be true