We knew it was coming, and here it is: the new, entry-level Canon EOS R100.…
Canon EOS C100 Firmware Update Brings Continuos Auto-Focus
Canon EOS C100: Adorama | B&H.
Canon released a firmware update for the Canon EOS C100. Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 can be downloaded by clicking here.
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00 incorporates the following additional functions and modifications:
- A function has been added which allows automatic continuous focusing and iris setting on a subject in the center of the screen when using the EF-S18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens.
- The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the Instruction Manual.
For details about the new functions, please download the latest version of the C100 User Manual (PDF) .
Nofilmschool posted some first impression about the update.
EOS C100 core specs:
- Super 35mm 8.3MP CMOS Sensor
- EF Lens Mount with EF Contacts
- HDMI Outputs a Non-Compression Signal
- Dual SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slots
- ISO 320 and up to ISO 20000
- Wide DR and Canon Log Gamma
- Reduced Rolling Shutter Skews
- Built-in ND Filters with Manual Controls
- Two XLR Audio Connectors
- Peripheral Illumination Correction