Canon EOS M6 at a glance:
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Bluetooth
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Up to 9 fps Shooting and ISO 25600
- Combination 5-Axis Image Stabilization
The Canon EOS M6 is official and can pre-ordered, shipping starts 3/31.
- Canon EOS M6 Black – $799: B&H Photo Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M6 Silver – $799: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M6 with EF-M 15-45mm IS STM Black – $899: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M6 with EF-M 15-45mm IS STM Silver – $899: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M6 with EF-S 18-150mm IS STM Black – $1,279: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M6 with EF-S 18-150mm IS STM Silver – $1,279: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
Canon also released the Canon EVC-DC2 Electronic Viewfinder for EOS M6/EOS M3/PowerShot G1 X Mark II/PowerShot G3 X – $209.95
Canon press release:
New Canon EOS M6 Digital Camera Adds Powerful Performance to EOS M Series
EOS M6 Camera Fuses Outstanding Image Quality, Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Improved Manual Control in a Small and Lightweight Digital Camera Body
MELVILLE, N.Y., February 14, 2017 – Designed with the advanced enthusiast photographer in mind, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the latest addition to its EOS M series – the Canon EOS M6 Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera; and a high performance External Electronic View Finder – the EVF-DC2, with approximately 2.36 million dots. For photographers who demand premium performance, the new EOS M6 Camera features the company’s 24.2 Megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor able to capture sharp, high-resolution images even in low-light situations, its most advanced image processor, DIGIC 7, and super-fast Dual Pixel CMOS AF speed, enabling photographers to capture clear, sharp, high-resolution images and Full HD videos.
“The new Canon EOS M6 Camera and optional EVF-DC2 are ideal for expert and advanced amateur photographers looking for an easy, take-anywhere camera as well as a great choice for passionate image creators wanting to step-up to produce high-quality images and videos that are easily shareable,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “It is with great passion that Canon continues to deliver variety to image makers across all skill levels and professional needs.”
Advanced photographers will find everything they need at their fingertips, with intuitive DSLR-like dials and control, as well as access to the entire lineup of Canon EF, EF-S and EF-M interchangeable lenses1, all in a compact, camera body to take with them wherever they go. Additional advanced EOS camera technologies built into the EOS M6 camera include:
- Fast & Accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 7.0 frames per second (fps) (up to 9.0 fps with AF Lock)
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100–25600
- Full HD 60p
- Combination IS with five-axis Image Stabilization*
- Built-in Wi-Fi®2, NFC3 and Bluetooth®4 technology
- Intuitive Touch Screen, 3.0-inch Tilt-type LCD
- Control & Customize with Five Functional Dials
- Compatible with EF1, EF-S1 and EF-M Lenses & select EOS System Accessories
The Canon EOS M6 features an in-camera five-axis digital image stabilization to help reduce camera shake when shooting videos. When shooting with a compatible lens featuring IS the EOS M6 will leverage both the optical IS in the lens as well as the in-camera digital IS through a Combination IS system, to help deliver tremendously smooth videos.
Usability has been improved from the previous model with separate controls on top of the camera body for mode and exposure compensation plus the controller wheel on the back to cycle through menus and additional in-camera features professional photographers are used to accessing. The three-inch touch screen tilts approximately 180 degrees up and 45 degrees down for easy use when surfing the menus, composing an image, viewing images and videos or even taking a selfie.
The new Canon EOS M6 Camera is scheduled to be available in both black and silver models through authorized Canon dealers or through the Canon Online store at http://shop.usa.canon.com/ in April 2017, for an estimated retail price of $779.99 for the body only**. It will also be sold as part of body-and-lens kits with EF-M 15-45mm/F3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom kit lens with an estimated retail price of $899.99**, and with the EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens for an estimated retail price of $1,279.99**, scheduled to be available April 2017. For more information please visit, usa.canon.com/eosm6.
Optional Electronic View Finder EVF-DC2
The optional Electronic View Finder EVF-DC2 is both smaller and lighter than the previous model and provides high-performance viewing with approximately 2.36 million dots. Connectivity is very important to today’s photographers and the EOS M6 delivers built-in Wi-Fi®, NFC and Bluetooth® capability that can maintain a smooth constant connection with compatible smartphones or tablets when using the Canon Camera Connect App2,3,4.
CS100 Firmware Update
The new EOS M6 is compatible with the Canon Connect Station CS100, a go-to-photo and video hub that allows family and friends a way to quickly and easily store, manage view and share unforgettable memorable moments wirelessly5. Canon is also announcing today a firmware update to the Canon Connect Station CS100 and mobile application. The firmware update includes the following improvements:
- Compatibility for select Canon and non-Canon cameras, with a wider range of supported file formats6
- Support for video playback of computer-edited movies7
- Improved smartphone connectivity and compatibility
For more information about the Canon Connect Station firmware update, please visit usa.canon.com/cs100mobile.
To learn more about the EOS M6 visit usa.canon.com/eosm6.