Canon EOS R at a glance:
- 30.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- UHD 4K30 Video; C-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF, 5655 AF Points
- 3.69m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.15″ 2.1m-Dot Swivel Touchscreen LCD
- Expanded ISO 50-102400, 8 fps Shooting
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, SD UHS-II Card Slot
- Multi-Function Bar, Dual Pixel RAW
Photography Blog posted their first impression on the brand new Canon EOS R.
Their early verdict:
The EOS R is a promising first step into Canon’s future, mixing together DSLR-design with some new features to create a unique take on what a mirrorless camera should be like. It’s a world away from the early days of mirrorless, where the emphasis was very much on creating the smallest camera and lens system possible. Instead Canon have take the opportunity to make a reasonably sized camera with a mount that can support some seriously fast glass, albeit lenses that are just as big as their DSLR equivalents. Read the review…
Pre-orders for the Canon EOS R will start September 12, 2018, you can get notified by B&H Photo or Adorama when they are available. For pre-order notification at B&H for all new Canon gear announced today see here.
If you’re based in UK you can already pre-order the EOS R: