It took Canon a long time to feature IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization) on their…
Canon filed a patent for a EF 28-560mm f/2.8-5.6 optical formula that seems to be for an “L” lens (if I got the machine translated description right).
This is the second patent for a superzoom lens, after a crazy patent for a EF 40-800mm F4.5-5.6 lens. Hard to say if this patents will ever hit the market. Good to know Canon is working on such ideas.
- Patent Publication No. 2016-142795
- Published 2016.8.8
- Filing date 2015.1.30
- Example 1
- Zoom ratio 18.86
- Focal length 28.80 119.57 543.20
- F-number 2.88 4.56 5.88
- Half angle of view (degrees) 36.91 10.26 2.28
- Image height 21.64 21.64 21.64
- The total lens length 281.07 331.07 385.01
- BF 53.05 61.31 40.00
- The effective diameter of the front lens 120.00