Here is a Canon EOS R50 review. The EOS R50 is one of the more…
At a glance:
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- Nano USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Air Sphere Coating
- Lens Function Buttons and Control Ring
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
[the] field of view is great for medium-distance photographs and its maximum aperture allows photojournalists and sports photographers alike to isolate their subject matter more so than something like a 70–200mm F2.8 lens could. It’s F1.8 aperture also helps in low-light environments, such as dimly-lit basketball courts, hockey arenas and the like, where you otherwise have to crank the ISO up to noisy levels.
Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS world wide preorders:
Here is a short introduction to the lens:
Perfect Portrait Prime
Pairing a medium-telephoto focal length with an extremely bright maximum aperture, the Canon RF 135mm f/1.8 L IS USM offers an engaging mixture of high sharpness and shallow depth of field, making it an ideal choice for portrait subjects. Benefitting this desirable combination is an advanced L-series optical design, robust and weather-sealed construction, and fast AF along with dependable image stabilization for intuitive use.
L Series Optics
- Impressively bright f/1.8 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- Three ultra-low dispersion elements control a variety of aberrations in order to achieve high sharpness, clarity, and accurate color rendering.
- Both Air Sphere and Super Spectra Coatings improve image quality by maintaining high contrast and color accuracy while reducing lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Nano USM Autofocus and Image Stabilization
- Nano USM delivers fast, accurate, and near silent autofocus performance to benefit both photo and video applications.
- Customizable Lens Function buttons on the barrel permit intuitive tactile control and rapid access to shooting settings.
- Benefitting handheld and monopod-based shooting, Optical Image Stabilization compensates for 5.5 stops of camera shake, or up to 8 stops if paired with in-body image stabilization, for sharper imagery.
Robust Design and Intuitive Handling
- Weather-sealed design for reliable use in inclement conditions.
- Fluorine coating on front element helps repel moisture, dust, and fingerprints and is also easier to clean.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.