And yet another Canon patent application for an RF-mount lens.
Canon patent application 2023099390 (Japan, published 7/13/2023) discusses optical formulas for what appears to be an RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM lens.
From the patent literature:
Optical System and Imaging Device Having the Same
An object of the present invention is to provide an optical system equipped with an anti-vibration group that achieves both miniaturization and high anti-vibration performance, and an imaging apparatus having the optical system.
Telephoto lenses equipped with anti-vibration groups are required to achieve both miniaturization and high anti-vibration performance . In the telephoto lens equipped with the anti-vibration group of Patent Document 1, the anti-vibration performance is ensured by arranging the anti-vibration group at a position slightly away from the image plane position toward the object side, but it is difficult to reduce the size.
SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
It is an object of the present invention to provide an optical system equipped with a vibration reduction group that achieves both miniaturization and high vibration reduction performance, and an imaging apparatus having the optical system.
- Focal length: 130.98
- F-value: 1.85
- Half angle of view: 9.38
- Image height: 21.64
- Total length: 147.99
- Back focus: 17.45
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- RF 16-28mm lens with either f/2.8, f/2.8-4, or f/4
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files