Here are some new and fresh information about Canon's latest powerhouse, the Canon EOS R3.…
Here is a new Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L review. The Rf 50m f/1.2L is an optical masterpiece, heavy, bulky, and pricey. Never the less, the Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L is a remarkable lens, made to showcase the capabilities of the RF mount.
At a glance:
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- One UD Element, One Aspherical Element
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded 10-Blade Diaphragm
Today’s Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L review comes from Julia Trotti. She says:
[…] today I have a chilled out portrait photography session at the beach with the Canon EOS R5 and the RF 50mm f1.2. If you want to watch my Canon EOS R5 review you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12OgX… In this video I share some SOOC, unedited sample photos from the R5 + my final edited photos. I also thought I’d share with you some extra SOOC photos that I didn’t end up editing at all, just to show you what kinds of photos don’t end up making the final cut. Let me know which ones are you favs in the comments and if you want to see any other Canon gear on my channel :D Thanks for watching!
More Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L review stuff is listed here.
Distinguished by its speed, the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM from Canon is a desirable normal-length prime due to its versatile focal length and bright f/1.2 maximum aperture. This fast design excels in difficult lighting conditions and also benefits working with shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques. The optical layout incorporates one UD element and one aspherical element, which help to reduce both chromatic and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and sharpness. A rounded 10-blade diaphragm also benefits bokeh quality to suit isolating subjects with depth of field. Complementing the imaging capabilities is an apt ring-type Ultrasonic Motor, which delivers fast, near-silent autofocus and full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a unique Control Ring is integrated into the lens design for intuitive control over exposure settings from the lens itself.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless digital cameras.
- Exceptionally bright f/1.2 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- One UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) element is featured, and helps to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to provide greater clarity and color accuracy.
- An aspherical element is used to correct spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions.
- Rounded 10-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.