Specialised site Photons To Photos posted their Canon EOS R8 dynamic range test results. EOS…
Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM Review (shockingly good considering price)
The Nifty-Fifty for the RF mount is a recent release. Here is a Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM review, and one more that praises this little gem of a lens
The Art of Photography posted their Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM review. They say:
Canon have released an incredibly affordable 50mm f/1.8 lens to its RF mount line of lenses. This lens is shockingly good considering its low price point. In this video, we’ll look at some sample images, some MTF data and I’ll show you exactly why this is the lens that every photographer should have in their bag.
More Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 review stuff are listed here. This lens is a no brainer for every EOS R owner.
At a glance:
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM: America: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA
Europe & UK: Amazon DE, Amazon UK, Amazon IT, Wex Photo Video, Canon DE, Canon UK
America: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA
Compact, lightweight, and close-focusing, the RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM from an essential lens, the Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a sleek normal-length prime offering a classic, versatile field of view and an especially compact design. An ideal lens for every day, walkaround shooting, this 50mm f/1.8 is characterized by its bright design for available light shooting and apt depth of field control. The optical design incorporates one aspherical element, which reduces spherical aberrations and distortion, and also sports a Super Spectra coating to minimize flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Also, an STM motor affords impressively quiet and smooth autofocus performance and full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a configurable Control Ring lets you adjust exposure settings, including ISO, aperture, and exposure compensation, from the lens itself.
- Normal-length prime is designed for use with full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless digital cameras.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field.
- One precision-molded (PMo) aspherical element suppresses spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and accurate subject rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.