We got a rumor from a new source about a possible Canon EOS R5C (or…
Image © Photography Bay & used with permission
Canon is the leading camera manufacturer, Canon is the market leader. However…
Canon does a lot of things in the right way (though not all agree) but this doesn’t mean everything is ok. Photography Bay made a list of things you may really dislike as a Canon bound photographer (my comments in parenthesis).
- Price of Lenses and Accessories
- One-Year Warranty on ALL Products (not for EU)
- Major Lag Between Product Announcement & Availability (think 5DS, it will be available in June 2015)
- Affordable 4K (uh, this is a good point – c’mon Canon give us this stuff)
- Lack of Internal Interval Shooting Options (this was eventually featured on the EOS 7D Mark II and the upcoming 5DS and 5DS R)
- Where is the Next Generation of Storage Formats?
- Slow to Adopt New Technologies and Trends (another good point)
- Mild Upgrades in the Canon Rebel Line
- Abandonment of the Serious HDSLR Shooter (I do not agree on this one)
- Market Segmentation
Each point of the list is discussed and explained, just have a look at Photography Bay to learn the reasons.